Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection on Local Revision Process

             This blog serves as a reflection for the final process work and final cut for my standard college essay for Project 3.



What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
Coming into this week, I had a pretty solid draft that I had peer reviewed by two different members of English 109H. In addition, I had consulted Professor Bottai on how to better approach my revisions for the final cut of my argument, as well as a few of my peers that are not in the class. They helped me refine and fix all the small issues, that, in total, made the biggest difference in my final product.

What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
The hardest part of my revision process was finding the right way to approach my revisions. I knew exactly what I needed to do, but I was not sure how I could make my essay less personal, without destroying the effect I had on my reader when it was personal. Eventually, I think I found a good balance between staying credible and being personal enough to where the audience could relate.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
Now that this project is over, I rally have to make sure I am on top of my game for the final project. I can't afford to get distracted in my process work like I did for this project. It is going to be rough, seeing as though I have like 12 other projects to do, finals, and the timespan I have to work on it is cut in half. I also have to teach myself how to make a video essay, so that is going to be a challenge on it's own. I am pretty nervous for this final project, but as long as I stay on top of my process work, I think I will be able to pull off a pretty good final project.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
I feel like my final version of my Public Argument turned out great. I believe that it shows how passionate I am about the subject, and that I have ample support for the claims that I make. This was a topic that I am really interested in and I think writing about it has motivated me to actually try and make a difference amongst greek life at the U of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment