Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Time Period

            The following blog discusses other stories around the same time period as the situation I discuss in my QRG. Along with the time period is hopefully some related settings as well. Links to the stories are in the list.

OpenClipartVectors. "News-Newspaper-Article" 10/8/13 via Pixabay.
CC0 Public Domain License.

Stories:

            Local #1
            Local #2

            National #1
            National #2
   
            Global #1
            Global #2

             
            The stories that I chose for my Time Period are pretty scattered because I wanted to cover a broad range of subjects to show that so many different things are going on. Starting off with my local stories I chose an article about how Facebook believes that virtual reality is the next big thing. This has a little bit of relevance to my topic in the sense that Facebook has been really bold with the statements they are making lately. The other article is about the Levinson family who were related to former FBI agent Robert Levinson, I decided on this article because I thought it was interesting that the White House did not acknowledge the family...but as you see in my previous blogs, the White House was the one that incited change to do what's right. One of the national blogs that I chose talked about the recent Powerball winners for the 1.6 billion jackpot, and the other story covered the death of David Bowie who seemed to have a huge impact on people nationally. As for the Global articles, I chose one that discussed how three Americans were reported kidnapped in Baghdad. The other article reported how 2 U.S. Navy boats with American soldiers on them were being held by the Iranian military for being in territorial waters. As you can see there was a lot going on and from topics range from one side of the spectrum to the other.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment