Monday, February 22, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

             This blog analyzes the "variety" throughout my Project 1 draft. It analyzes the sentences, paragraphs, and vocabulary used.

Bicanski. "Thread For Sewing Machine Variety" 6/22/2015 via PublicDomainImages.
Public Domain License.

1.    How much variation is there in your sentence structures in the current draft? Can you spot any repetitive or redundant sentence patterns in your writing? Provide a cogent analysis of what the Rules for Writers reading tells you about your sentences.

            My QRG seems to have a good amount of variety in it, I tried to cover information from all different sources that covered my topic in order to make a very "inclusive" QRG. However, I do admit that some of the sentences can sound repetitive. I tend to state what is going on in a section and then go more in depth and it's is possible that sometimes my writing can sound redundant. I do feel that when I do repeat, it is not distracting the reader from the actual topic at hand.


2.    What about paragraph structures, including transitions between different paragraphs (or, for video/audio projects, different sections of the project)?

            I believe that the transitions between each section in my QRG and the paragraphs inside are very strong. When I say they are strong I mean that they keep the flow going to my QRG and each section dives into the next effortlessly and not in a stocky, distracting manner. Also, all of the transitions are different.


3. What about vocabulary? Is there variety and flavor in your use of vocabulary? What are the main strengths and weaknesses of the draft's approach to vocabulary?

             Truthfully, I think that the vocabulary in my QRG is alright, but it could definitely be better. There is no wow factor to it, but like I said before, I just wanted to present the story the way it should be represented without any fluff. My vocabulary is a little vivid where it needs to be, but it is not excessive. I do think I could definitely liven up the story though.

No comments:

Post a Comment