Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Major

           This blogpost is intended to dissect my major and explain my personal interests in my intended major. Links are also provided to different scholarly articles that are focused around my major.

ArtsyBee. "Conflict, Management, Training" 2/7/2016 via Pixabay.
CC0 Public Domain License.



What do students in your program or department learn how to do?

            Students in my program/department (Business Management) learn all the necessary skills to be an effective business manager. Not only do they learn the common skills of any businessman, but they go farther as to learn how to communicate properly with their fellow employees and how to manage any situation at the workplace. Classes are not limited to just business finance or accounting, but they also cover behavior at work, emotional labor, and a whole other range of subjects.




What do people who get degrees in this field usually go on to do for work?


            People who graduate with degrees in my field of study usually go on to manage at various corporations. They can be at companies such as Macy's, Pepsi, Coca Cola, and hundreds of other places. The possibilities almost seem endless and the percent of kids who graduate with a job already lined up is pretty high for Eller.




What drew you to this field?


            I came to this field rather unexpectedly. I am planning on going to med school (I know, it sounds absurd...why would I be under a business degree), but I thought that if down the road I decide med school is not for me, then I would be on track to get into Eller. The reason I am going for a business management degree is because I have always known that I wanted to be a leader. I am not too fond of the idea of working under someone, and I would rather be able to manage a business on my own.




Name three of the leaders/most exciting people involved in this field right now in 2016. Why are they interesting or exciting to you? 


            Larry Page (CEO) of Google is a very interesting business leader of America, solely for the fact that he is a self-made billionaire. His creation of Google was absolutely huge, he manages the world's leading search engine which has helped millions upon millions of people worldwide. Tim Cook (CEO) of Apple has proved himself to be a very successful leader among the tech world. After the passing of Steve Jobs, he did not let the company slow down or take a fall from such a tragic event, rather, he took the business and has been thriving since. He obviously has been doing all the right things to keep Apple as a successful and booming company. Another self-made billionaire that I admire is Jeff Bezos (CEO) of Amazon. He took the general idea of eBay and amped it up 100x by becoming a produce of common goods for a fraction of the price.




What are the names of three leading academic/scholarly journals in your field? Where are they published? Give us the names and locations of at least 3.















No comments:

Post a Comment