Monday, February 22, 2016

Brutally Honest Self Assessment

              In this blog I talk about my after-thoughts of my finished Project 1 assignment. I talk about the strengths, weaknesses, and overall feelings of the project.

Thomas Schilling. "I Feel Good" 5/5/2016 via Youtube.
Creative Commons Attribution License.
1.    How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 

              I honestly feel great about my Quick Reference Guide for Project 1. I put a lot of time and effort into the project and I really think it reflects that. I did extensive research as shown in the previous blog posts and I filtered through all of it to create something that is quick and informative. I'm also really, really happy about how the formatting turned out and that the QRG coincidentally ended right at the end of a page...I personally just find that so aesthetically pleasing.

2.    What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.

              I believe the analysis of the articles around the time period of my issue could have been more in depth, but it was sort of hard seeing as though the major articles could not really make connections with the issue being covered. Although, the purpose of including the articles were to establish the time period and give a sense of what else was going on. Also, I'm glad with the way the QRG came out looks-wise, but I am kind of bummed out that it is a GoogleDocs because that's how my audience will be viewing it. The PDF version I submitted looks way better because it does not include the rest of the GoogleDocs website and looks like an article.

3.    What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.

            One of my strengths for this paper was the amount of research done prior to starting the QRG. I feel like I was able to cover every aspect of this situation and in an effective manner. My peer editors seemed to have enjoyed it as well. I also believe the consistent formatting for my QRG is definitely a strength and there is nothing really to distract the reader.

4.    What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 

            For time management I feel like I did not change much from my usual habits. I have fairly good habits and I can usually gauge how much work I can handle before I run out of time. My biggest issue seemed to be time-managing for the blogs. They were effective in helping with the overall process of the project, but I found them to be very time-consuming and redundant. I firmly believe that I put more than enough work into my QRG.

No comments:

Post a Comment