Monday, February 22, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

            This blog post analyzes the pronouns that I used in my draft to help understand my own writing style.

Unkown. "Analyze" via the Blue Diamond Gallery.
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

1.    Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?

            I feel like my pronoun usage in my Project 1 is pretty effective overall. I try and not to mix pronouns inside a single section, I realized that I like to keep it consistent throughout the writing. I start each section identifying a specific person or thing and then I follow using pronouns.

2.    Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

            For this project I did not refer directly to the audience or really create a connection to them. My main goal for this project was to present the facts and try and not influence my audience to think a certain way. To accomplish this, rather than referring to them, I included all the major stakeholders of the situation in hopes that they could make their own connections. It is possible that this could have a stand-offish effect on the readers, but from peer review, most editors seemed to appreciate the flat out statements of facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment