Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review 2

            The following blog covers my second round of peer reviews for students in the other sections. I analyzed one student's draft that used the same genre as me and another student that used a different genre than me. Links to their first drafts and rubrics can be found below.

Orin Zebest. "Pen to Paper" 10/1/2007 via Flickr.
Attribution 2.0 Generic License.

            Joshua Smith's 1st Draft
            Joshua Smith's Rubric

            Brady Thomas' 1st Draft
            Brady Thomas' Rubric

           From reading Brady's Quick Reference Guide, the style that he wrote it in made me think that maybe I should try and make my story more inviting rather than just factual. The only problem with writing in that form is that I may end up telling the issue with a biased view if I try being inclusive. For my draft my current problems would be that some of the quotes that I highlighted are a little length so I will try an cut them down, I need to cite all my info, images, graphics etc., and I still need to make it more visually appealing. Currently, I feel like the strengths of my draft include a solid and in-depth analysis of the issue at hand, I reported it without any former bias and spoke from all sides, I have a theme going for my WRG so I just plan on perfecting it and maybe changing the color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment