Friday, May 6, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

            This blogpost serves as a Rough Cut for my Video Essay for the Final Project of English 109H.


Link to Rough Cut: English Course Final Video Essay Rough Cut



  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know

I wanted to keep this video really laid back as if it were just a vlog of my self reflection as a writer. With that being said, it is a pretty casual video, except I am reading from a script. I knew it would be hard to remember all my information and make sure I hit all my targeted subjects so I had no choice but to read from a script.

  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)

I think my biggest issue for my Rough Cut is that I am missing music to help keep my audience engaged. I talk a lot...but I really did change a lot as a writer so I wanted to be specific in how I changed. It is kind of a dull subject because not only am I talk about myself, but I am talking about myself as a writer...so spicing it up a little would help.

  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

I think a major strength of my Rough cut is the content itself. I really took time to self reflect on myself as a writer, and that resulted in me having a lot to say. I also incorporate screenshots/videos of my different projects throughout the video.



1 comment:

  1. You've done some really nice work on your video essay. I just have a few suggestions as you go into your final revision.

    I really appreciate how you take a look at your projects in your video--it helps the viewer contextualize what you're saying about your growth as a writer. That said, the video tends to linger a bit on the examples, and it might liven it up a bit to cut back to you as you explain a certain point, and then back to the example--this would just give the viewer a bit of visual variety.

    If you end up re-recording some clips, it might be nice to add some gestures or different vocal inflections, again, for a greater degree of variety and expression.

    I also appreciate how your audio is relatively free of background noise--this makes for a less distracting viewing experience. I agree that some music might be nice, though. I recommend Incompetech--they have some nice free, royalty-free music that could lead into your essay or complement the middle.

    Best of luck with your revisions--you've got some really solid content here.

    ReplyDelete