Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report 15a

           This blog serves as a compare/contrast analysis of the Rough Cut of my Video Essay to the Final Cut.


Rought Cut: Rough Draft

Final Cut: Final Draft

(First 12 seconds of both, and last 7 seconds of final)


  • How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
In this edited version I did not really change anything content-wise. I did add subtitles to my different projects when I was presenting them. That just helps in clarifying what it was, in case it was not already obvious when I had said it. I also added credits in the end which I almost forgot to do in my first one. This is necessary so I can credit where I got my sounds from.

  • How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
I'd like to focus on the first 12 seconds of both videos. I changed the intro theme song to something that was not so serious because I felt that it didn't fit in the video. The new sound I chose is very light and happy and has a melodic piano tune. I also changed the background to have a new teal-to-blue gradient which was easier on the eyes and looks way better than a straight blue background. I think these little changes made the biggest differences in introducing and ending my video essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment