Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report 15b

           This blog serves as a compare/contrast analysis of the Rough Cut of my Video Essay to the Final Cut.


Rought Cut: Rough Draft

Final Cut: Final Draft

(Any part of the video after 12 seconds, and before 7:35)


  • How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
As stated in the previous blog, in this edited version I did not really change anything content-wise. I did add subtitles to my different projects when I was presenting them. That just helps in clarifying what it was, in case it was not already obvious when I had said it. I also added credits in the end which I almost forgot to do in my first one. This is necessary so I can credit where I got my sounds from.

  • How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

For this editorial report I'd like to focus on the music that I decided to incorporate in my Video Essay. I added 3 different instrumentals at a low volume to give some background noise in hopes that it would keep the viewer more engaged. The first one starts when it's solely the video of me talking, then when the projects start (3:35) the music changes to something else, and I have this happen again at around 5:30. I made sure to fade in and out of each song so that the transitions would be less abrupt. I think switching the music up will help keep my audience focused rather than having just one song playing throughout. I decided to go with very chill, laid back songs because I am very soft spoken and I feel like really happy or serious music would take away from it. I had to go in and amplify my voice just for the fact that I was speaking kind of low and away from the mic, and so it would sound better above the music. I think these small additions made the biggest changes for my final version.

No comments:

Post a Comment