Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflection on Production

           This blogpost is meant to discuss the process of my production of a rough cut for Project 2.



Audience QuestionsWhat were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?




Author Response

The production week for this first drat for Project 2 was quite hectic. It was happening during midterms week so I tried to throw something together as best as I could so I feel like I have less to work with, contrary to where I was at during this same stage for Project 1. I have a small background with Audacity, but I haven't used it in over a year so I had to reteach myself how to do simple things such as trimming and merging audio. It actually took me quite a while and I got a little frustrated but I was able to figure it out. I spent a lot of time creating my script, but I know that it still needs improvement.

I sort of held back on things I wanted to say because I felt like it would be long, and my podcast ended up being a rough 10 minutes. This is good because it gives me room to work around and edit different aspects of the content I provided, and I don't have to worry about it being too short.

I feel like the next week will be a little rough, just for the fact that I want to heavily edit my script and make it all flow better and add some more information. I personally am not happy with my script yet, so I feel like once I get that under control, the rest will just fall into place.

I still need to add sound effects and include snippets of the interview, but I intend on adding that last. I believe that I'll be re-recording the entire thing, so that is a little overwhelming, but not that I am more comfortable with Audacity, and I have something to work with I don't think it will end up being too bad. Just like Project 1, I think at some point everything will work itself out, I hope to reach that point once I get a solid script.

No comments:

Post a Comment