Sunday, March 6, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production Week

            This post is intended to just give some personal feedback on Pre-Production week and how it went.



What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

  The parts of my pre-production week that were most successful would probably be the interviews that took place. It was a long process trying to get professors to respond and I had gone through 3 rounds of emailing different professors before I got a response. The professionals that I did end up with, however, provided me with great information and were really interested in the work we are doing. So I'd say the interviews were the best part.



What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I would say just being distracted in general this past week (after my interviews) because I had/still have a lot of stuff going on in other classes. When I finally finished conducting my interviews I kind of slacked off because I was putting more time into my other classes. I feel like I am a little behind on production week, seeing as though I just created my content outline fairly recently.



How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

I don't think this next week will be too bad. I still will have to juggle this project with trying to study for other classes, but I think I'll be able to pull something off. I guess I am pretty confident and not too worried about it because I plan on working on my podcast on my long flights during spring break. All that alone time will most likely keep me focused and do some good fine-tuning to my project.



How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

As mentioned before, I do feel a little overwhelmed at this point, but I think I have it under control. It was really helpful that Professor Bottai shifted the dates for a lot of our due dates, because I personally don't think I would have been able to pull off all the work when my interviews were scheduled so late. I think if I put more work into the editing stage -even if my rough draft is very rough- then I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment